You’ll need to register as self-employed with HMRC as soon as you start your new business. Even if you’ve completed tax returns before, you’ll need to register for Self-Assessment and Class 2 National Insurance as a self-employed individual.

This application form will take less than 5 minutes to complete. Once you have submitted your details there is an administration fee of £26.

I want to:
Register for self-employment

About you

Your National Insurance Number:

Have you previously registered for Self Assessment? Tick the relevant box below.
Yes I've previously registered for Self AssessmentNo not previously registered for Self Assessment

If you answered 'Yes' to the above question, enter your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) below.
Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR):
Title eg Mr, Mrs etc
First name
Date of Birth
Phone number
Sex MaleFemale
Please enter your current home address below.

Date you moved into this address?

If appropriate enter your previous home address below?

Are you a UK resident? Please tick the relevant box below.
No, I'm not a UK residentYes, I'm a UK resident

If you answered 'No' to the question above, have you come to the UK from a non-EU country within the last 12 months? Tick the relevant box below.

I've come from an EU countryI've come from a non-EU country

Step 1/3